To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Saturday, October 25, 2014

My Craft Spot Stamp Release Blog Hop!

Happy Saturday, sweet and sparkly friends! Welcome to the My Craft Spot Blog Hop, where we're celebrating Kimberly's Winter/Christmas release! All of the new stamps are now available for purchase HERE! All of the new SVG files are available at her SVG store HERE! Each stop on the hop is giving away a gift certificate to Kimberly's store to put toward the purchase of your choice! Yay! :o)

I'm your last stop on this celebratory blog hop! You should have arrived here from the amazingly talented Deb of Craftin' Chaos. If you just stumbled upon my blog, flutter on over to Kimberly at My Craft Spot to start from the beginning! You won't want to miss a single stop. :o)

As I've often stated, Christmas is my favorite everything. There's no season my sappy heart loves  more. :o) Kimberly's fabulous release whisked me away to all things warm and fuzzy, so I made a sliding recipe box filled with sweet recipes that my family and I enjoy throughout the Christmas season.
To create my sliding recipe box, I followed THIS tutorial from the fabulous Tara. There will be more of these in my future, that is for certain! (Recipes, encouragement notes, etc! So many options.) For the spine detailing, I used my crop-a-dile and Kimberly's lovely Snow White crinkle ribbon, along with a sparkly snowflake charm.
For my cover, I chose one of my favorite sentiments from this new release, which is from the O Holy Night stamp set. The peace and joy of the holiday season is unlike any other and this gorgeous greeting inspired my project. I opted for a wintry theme in terms of design because precious baking memories begin long before Christmas Day... Christmas in the heart lasts so much longer! My dangling snowflake was made with dies from the Flowers- Daisy set and centered with a tiny rose. I seem to have a thing for this lately! :o)
My recipe box opens up to a vintage winter wonderland, with deliciously sweet memories tucked between Christmas Chalkboard sentiments. The Maja Design-Vintage Frost papers were chosen to warm my mom's heart. :o) Surrounding the recipe list are flourishing snowflakes from the Ornate Labels- Christmas stamp set, along with pretty singular flakes from the Christmas Chalkboard set. (I always love Kimberly's little extras! They're beautiful.)

Note: Just an FYI that I did catch my typo after the fact... I know my pals would kindly tell me so I know to fix it! Thankfully it is easily fixable, but not in time for this hop. Don't you love spotting mistakes after the pictures?!
The recipes slide out like so with the corresponding numbers as guidance. (The numbers are more visible in person.) I altered the tutorial a bit to include a pocket border on the interior edge of the cards, since many of my recipes are more than one card. This way I can nestle them in the lacy pockets when necessary.
Kimberly's chalkboard sentiments are so beautiful, which I've heat-embossed in snowy white. One reason I chose this project was because it enabled me to easily use multiple sentiments. I adore this entire release and had such a hard time narrowing down what to use. :o) I chose the snowy greeting to pair with these darling little girls and puppy...
... and this heavenly one for these sweet kiddos. The frames for both are from the NEW Chalkboard Frames SVG files created to coordinate with this stamp set. The corners are from Joy! Crafts Frame and 3 Corners die set.
The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, of which I used a combination of Vintage roses, Pink Mist roses, white roses, Lilies, and sweetheart blossoms. Cheery Lynn Designs' Mini Fanciful Flourishes scroll within and I added a sprinkling of pearls. The resin pieces are from Prima (my first!).

You can't have a blog hop without BLOG CANDY, right?! Kimberly is generously supplying each of us with a $10 Gift Certificate to the My Craft Spot Shop to give away! To be eligible to win mine, simply leave me a comment on this post. :o) (I will select and announce the winner on Monday morning!)

Ready to see the entire release?! (Click for larger images)






Kimberly's new SVG files can be found HERE:

http://svgcutfiles.com/

Here is the entire blog hop line-up in case you got lost along the way:

Kimberly
Gwen 
Lisa (Guest Designer) 
Saundra 
Heather
Beth (Guest Designer) 
Ally 
Kate
Deb (Guest Designer) 
Karen  (You are HERE!)

Thank you for celebrating with us! Have a blessed and sparkly weekend! :o)

Challenges entered:
 *As You Like It~ Favorite Style: Cute or Elegant and Why (I truly love both styles, and each has a place in my crafty life, but my love has recently shifted to elegance... there's something magical about the style that makes my heart flutter. I think it's the sheer beauty of creating something elegant from only paper and ribbon/lace. Simple or complex, heightened elegance enlivens my crafty spirit!)
 *CraftyHazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra~ Anything Goes
 *Crafting by Designs~ Get Ready for Christmas
 *Divas by Design~ Festive Florals
 *Really Reasonable Ribbon~ Anything Goes with Ribbon
 *Word Art Wednesday~ Encouraging/Uplifting Sentiment

52 comments:

  1. Oh My HECK! Seriously! This is GORGEOUS Karen! GORGEOUS I tell ya! You did an amazing job with all the details.... Flowers look so pretty along with the frame! Nice touch with the ribbon too! I have to close my mouth now... it was shot open as soon as I saw your project! As always Karen... you amaze and inspire! Thanks for that and sharing all your talent with me this week! I loved seeing it! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is truly stunning Karen. Your sliding recipe box design is amazing, (thank you for the link). I love the gorgeous festive papers, beautiful sentiments and as always your attention to detailing is wonderful. Thank you for the inspiration.
    I hope you have a blessed weekend. Sending hugs, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a real stunner. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Divas by Design.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a bee-utiful work of art w/ the embellishing & slider recipe idea. I wish I was on your Christmas gift list to receive this. Sure to be treasured by whoever receives it.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to 'showcase' and store those treasured recipes. It'll be an awesome addition to the traditions handed down I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen what a clever creation and I Especially love the spine!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful family heirloom you have created! I am sure it will be treasured for the recipes and all the love you put into this stunning project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful and so creative...I want to do one, what a wonderful gift for a family member...love it, so gorgeous and useful, too!! Of course I would be afraid to use it, so I would hoard it to myself...lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!!!! Your recipe slider box is GORGEOUS! The papers are simply beautiful and LOVE all the details! The sentiments are perfect and I LOVE the flowers! Really, what a great project and I am sure who over receives it will adore it forever! So beautiful Karen! What a great week and FUN release!
    You all rocked! it
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  10. *Thud*<<<Yup...that was my jaw hitting the floor! I am totally in awe! Not only is this project stunning beyond words, it totally encompasses a warm home-like feeling. As I was looking at it, I could tell every bit of love you poured into making it and also left me wondering what the recipes would taste like :) Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. An amazing project. So beautiful and so practical. Anyone who receives one of these albums will know that they are truly loved and cherished.
    I hadn't seen sliding pockets before but they are a great idea and one I'll be using. Your project was the capstone to a great hop.
    thanks for sharing something truly wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so stunning Karen, what a beautiful gift this would make Love how you criss crossed the ribbon on the spine and the pull recipe is a great idea. Thanks for sharing your awesome talent
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes October Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is amazing! This would make such a nice gift.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The work you put into this is incredible. I love the heirloom quality of it and would love to recreate it for my daughter. And to think I just stumbled across this site. I am now a follower. your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW--absolutely stunning project!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW...you put so much work into this absolutely gorgeous project!!! Truly inspirational. Thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh My!!! I was visiting RRR blog and saw your Beautiful project!!
    Seriously STUNNING! WOW!! I adore the criss crossed Snow White Crinkle Ribbon on the spine, the gorgeous flowers, and the creative way you added pearls and numbers to each recipe!
    All of the sentiments are lovely and so perfect for this GORGEOUS creation.
    I seriously am in love with this new release. It is one of my favorites! Everyone has created beautiful projects and it has been a Fabulous week of inspiration.
    Sending you TONS of my love, hugs & smiles
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so beautiful, Karen! I only wish I had as much creativity you seem to have! Loved every single project this week! ~Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. "WOW..WOW...WOW" Karen wow this truly is so creative absolutely stunning my friend your so creative l've said it before but words cannot express how beautiful this truly is ..........hope your enjoying your weekend and thank you for all of your lovely comments x

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW WOW WOW Such an AMAZING way to end this hop! Your book is just INCREDIBLE!!!
    So much talent....LOVING it!
    Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT weekend!
    Jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your project! That a talent it takes to make a whole book! Wonderful example of how to use our stamps and supplies in a different way.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beyond beautiful!! I enjoyed the entire week working with you all!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Super creative, fabulous, beautiful, wonderful papers, sentiments, accents and design.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an absolutely GORGEOUS creation!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW, what a fabulous project and such a great keepsake for a family!

    ReplyDelete
  26. *sneakers in to give my sweetest sis the biggest huggler EVER*

    SQUEEEEEEEEE!!! I am more proud of you than I can ever possibly express, Sunshine! This masterpiece is just like the most gorgeous dream come true. I can't even start to express how stunning it is. Your gorgeous love just sparkles through every single tiny bit of it. God bless you my sweetest sis. If only you could see how much my heart is smiling tonight as I look at your flawless creation.

    Guess who loves you something silly? MEEEEEEEE!!!

    *endless hugglers and super sparkling love always from the proudest sister in the entire universe*
    ~~~ Christina

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful way to keep special recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, what a creative and sweet idea for a recipe book

    marg0006 at Verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  29. Another absolutely incredible and beautiful project! I always know that I'm in for a surprise when I drop in here as you are always finding and sharing so many great tutorials. I know your family has to appreciate all the sweet gifts you share with them. I understand your appreciation of Kimberly's release. The stamps have such a range of warmth and fun. Thank you for a wonderful week of inspiration! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Karen, this is absolutely beautiful! What a wonderful way to preserve these special recipes! I love all of the gorgeous details you included! Your creations have been amazing all week! Thanks for being a part of my design team!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a stunning project, I just love the sliding box filled with recipes. All of the special touches you added are wonderful. The heat embossed sentiment looks amazing as do all of the gorgeous flowers. I love that you can enjoy your family recipes and their are documented so beautifully! This project is just heart warming!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for the blog hop. The recipe book is absolutely gorgeous. I can easily see making one for someone's shower or wedding. The flowers and flourishes are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  33. So elegant a beautiful! Wow really very stunning! I am in love with this recipe book!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Absolutely beautiful book. Love the vintage look.
    Cindy Lou

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, I honesty can't put into words just how beautiful this is. Thanks so much for sharing. What a great hop full of fun inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Absolutely fabulous, Karen! Love the vintage details and gorgeous flowers! What a stunning project you created filled with wonderful pull out recipes...WOW....well done!!!:-))

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is amazing! Such wonderful details and love the paper you used on this! Carri~Abusybee
    Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh, Wow!! This is just so beautiful!! Thank you so much. Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is such a special keepsake for future generations...its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  40. WOW you always inspire me with your STUNNING projects! Thanks so much for shaeing your ideas and gorgeous craftsmanship!

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is AMAZING!!! What an incredible way to share recipes! (And really, can you have too much Christmas Cloud Cake? It does sound heavenly!!) Your papers are beautiful and the details are gorgeous - each and every one!! Your projects have been fantastic all well long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Karen thank you so much for your lovely comment. I too am guilty of not visiting as most of my days are spent at the nursing home with dad who is slowly going down hill, it has been a real roller coaster and I just love to keep busy at night with my DT commitments.....Thanks for your encouragements and love....I will try and keep in touch more... I would have entered the blog hop had I known, your creation is spectacular and immensley beautiful.xxx aNNie
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh my good gosh, I have no words!! Seriously my sweetest friend, how am I supposed to comment when I can't pick my jaw up off the floor!! This is spectacular, Karen!! Wow, what an amazing project this is!! The papers are stunning!! The flowers are beautiful!! The ribbon on the spine is fabulous!! I just can't describe everything about this because it is too amazing for words!! You so rock my dear friend!! I am humbled by your incredible talent!! Love, love, love this so much!! I hope you have a fabulous week!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  44. That is really beautiful project!
    Sabina

    ReplyDelete
  45. Simply gorgeous. Thanks for playing with us at PTT!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Waw really really pretty! thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge! hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  47. This is just WOW! Whomever receives this will be absolutely grateful! What an amazing gift and the work you put into it...... This surely would have taken me at least a few weeks to complete. The papers you chose are beautiful and I just can't tell you enough how much I love this!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi Karen! Thank you for your sweet comment! I'm catching up myself.. I'm sorry to hear that you've not been feeling well! I hope that whatever is bothering you goes away soon! Big healing hugs!
    I have jut discovered this gem on your blog!! It is a stunner and such a great idea! I'm absolutely blown away with the amount of details and work you put into it and hope you won all the listed challenges because you'd deserve it! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips